Saturday, January 01, 2011

40 4 40: 14 - New Year's Eve & Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown

Linus has it right, doesn't he?



Today, My Family and I met another family to go see the ICE! exhibit at the Gaylord Texan:  Merry Christmas Charlie Brown.  Nine degrees, blue parkas, an ice slide (that wasn't as slickery as you'd think it should be), and an AMAZING creation, we enjoyed a *great* afternoon with some of my favorite people on Earth.

Following a few hours of rest, it was Dallas Stars v. Vancouver Canucks (fucking Sedins!!).  I'm liking the yearly "tradition" of going to the New Year's Eve hockey game.  I hope My Husband & I keep doing that, even if we don't go to Big D NYE afterward.  The Stars lost, but we sat with some funny Vancouver natives who left quite happy!

Speaking of Big D NYE, it was so fun, however, the music wasn't as good this year until the last hour, and our traffic issue coming home was borderline unbearable.  God Bless My Husband who doesn't like crowds or traffic -- he stuck it out WITHOUT COMPLAINT -- the whole night.  We started our trip home at 12:45 and didn't come in the door until 3:38.  Yep.  Three hours later.  Sadly, I read there was a fatality that backed up traffic on the highway for over five hours.  The accident happened at 11:15 p.m.

I'm wishing you and yours the most fruitful 2011!  Thank you for being a part of my 2010 & I'm looking forward to more me and you.

~Whoosh BIG D NYE-style!

No comments:

Post a Comment