Thursday, January 27, 2011

40 4 40: 23 - Happy Fortieth Birthday to Me!



Jackie at Forty
It's here!

I'm even wearing a dress!

Forty has arrived in style.  Not the best picture, but it's me.  I'm not the best me...yet! 

Thank you so much to all of you who read and offer a scampering thought or smile.  Even if you're rolling your eyes and spouting off something nasty, thank you for stopping in and taking some time to be FORTY with me.  If you are on Facebook or Twitter with me, thank you, too, for letting me be me and being you with me, even if we've only seen slices and slivers like a voyeur peeking in on something fun and yummy.

Just past midnight, I was tweeted lots of birthday love.  To that P1 group on Twitter in #the2300, good fun, people who love 1310 The Ticket (SPORRRRTS! and all that it implies...). Goodgod fun. I love and am most flattered that The Unticket gave me a shout out for my birthday! I feel famous now!!

And those Duran Duran fans and community of folks that following me, I'm so smiley because of the "wise on a birthday party....".  I had hoped John Taylor and Simon LeBon would've "twished" me a Happy Birthday, but no luck (I can only have so much, right?).  There are rumors of some tweet-ups in both the P1 and D2 communities.  I'd love to see that come to light and be in attendance!



So then I went to sleep for a few hours....

My post-sleep day started with My Husband saying, "You're forbidden to get out of bed" (which was kinda hot!).  Shortly thereafter, I was greeted with sleepy, smiling faces wishing me happy birthday as breakfast in bed was served:  scrambled eggs, toast, clementines and orange juice.  My Eldest made the meal!  So proud of her (AND her all A progress report -- first time ever!)!

I then opened up several cards from my family - some musical and silly (chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! I have chocolate and you do not!) - some sappy and filled with a lil sum-sum to spend at the Duran Duran concert next week (thanks, Mom!).  I received some fun gifts - I'll share them with you in a later post.

Later, at lunch, I met work friends for lunch at Yucatan Taco Stand where I was treated to awesome tacos and beverages from Theo's Human and HRH KP.  It was fun to see people who use to work with me mixed with people who still do work with me.  I treasure them all and feel very lucky to have them all as friends (even if all but HRH KP are in their mere 20's! haha).  Shop-talk, a little chisme (gotta represent El Paso raza!), Girl Talk, driving to Nebraska (inside joke), another meet-up in not-Nebraska all topics of discussion. 

I've been flooded with texts, calls and e-mail(s?) from co-workers, friends and family all day.  I'm feeling ohsoloved and I'm truly beside myself in humility and happiness.  I can't begin to thank you enough....

Most of all, I want to thank My Mom who said YES to God.  I love you, Mom.  Thank you for loving me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment