Friday, May 30, 2014
Saturday, May 24, 2014
Welcome back to Sunday Stealing which originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Here we will steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent memes. You may have heard of the expression, “honor amongst thieves”. In that age-old tradition, we try to credit the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. We also provide a link to the victim's meme. (It's our way of saying "Thanks!") Sometimes we edit the original meme, to make it more relevant to our global players, to challenge our players, to select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive from this new meme or recently asked questions from a previously featured meme.
From: That Forthright Girl
1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
20+ years -- some hiking boots that I rarely wear.
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?
Yes -- I have a girl scout in the house, so it's guaranteed!
I get Thin Mints, Samoas and Do-Si-Dos
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance?
I wish I did! Might 'Bucket List' that!
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?
Yes, pretty responsible. I was afraid to be irresponsible.
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?
6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?
Watching someone else.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Tuesday! Because it's off the radar. It's not the weekend, it's not subject to Monday Blues, It's kind of an Exhale Day for me.
8. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received??
You fascinate me.
9. Do hospitals make you queasy?
Not at all.
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
Amazon! (I know it isn't a store, but c'mon!)
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?
Certain things, yes: Shampoo and conditioner, toilet tissue, soda are the first to come to mind.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?
Looking into their eyes telling them how I feel.
13. What’s one thing you’re deeply proud of — but would never put on your résumé?
14. What’s the most out-of-character choice you’ve ever made?
Drag-race, get in a wreck and then run from the scene.
15. What’s your personal anthem or theme song?
Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders
Thursday, May 01, 2014
Today marks the 20th anniversary of the untimely, tragic death of Brazilian F1 driver, Ayrton Senna.
I watched the movie "Senna" about a year, year and a half ago, not really knowing who he was. I had seen some tweets and heard some chatter about it being the best movie of 2010. I enjoy documentaries and sports, so I figured I'd give this movie a try. One night, late, I saw it was on Netflix so I immediately started watching it.
I was gripped.
I was ripped.
This man is truly a soul with purpose who has an everlasting legacy, especially in the Formula One racing community.
I highly recommend this movie. Please make time to watch it. It isn't just about racing. It's about a visionary, a family man, a spiritual person who exudes compassion. It's about a competitor who had the whole of the sport's safety first. He lived life from the inside out, being a heartonhissleeve force that positively connected to every person.
Eternal peace, Ayrton.
20 Moments in Time of Ayrton Senna