Sunday, August 29, 2010

How About A Little Metallica?

Need something edgier, angsty.... 

I've never been a metalhead, but I went through a brief period of liking some metal.  I guess I was out of high school when Metallica released some album that had a black cover and a snake coiled in the lower right of the cover.  Is it called the Black album or something?  In any case, I still dig the music from that release, my favorite being "Unforgiven".

I tried to listen to some of their other stuff, and I like it. It is very intelligent and deep.  I like James Hetfiled's voice a lotlot, and who can deny the awesomeness of Lars?  I mean, the name "Lars" is greatness in and of itself, separate from his musical talents for us Americans.  Anyway, Metallica makes music that I have to be "in the mood", kind of like when I listen to classical, opera, country, pop, mariachi, etc. 

Now is my "mood".

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment