Wednesday, September 01, 2010

WW: Marilyn Monroe

This week's Wednesday Wickedness is inspired by one of my veryfavorite icons and people, the stunning and complicated Miz Marilyn Monroe.

1. "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." When are you are at you’re best?

Hmm...this is a good question -- a hard one to answer.

When am I at my best?  *thinks*  I was going to say that I'm at my best when I'm with my children, but then I recalled times that I'm really not at my best with them....  haha.  But they for sure make me a better person. 

Gosh, I can't really figure this out.  What does 'best' mean?  Healthy?  Problem-free?  Performing? 

2. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Do you ever think that you are boring?

No, I don't think I'm boring.  I think I can add a little spice to life here and there.  I can get flat or down, but not boring.  When I'm down and out, I could use something spicy, so I am always open to those moments.  I have too much passion to be boring!

3. "A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left." Did you ever break off a relationship because you wanted to be the one to do it?

I have never wanted to break up with anyone for the raw want of it.  Breakups hurt.  I grieve.  This is true for my primary loves, friendships & professional relationships.  I'm not a bridge burner, either. 

In the context of boyfriends & marriages, there has only ever been one person to initiate breaking up with me.  I'm thankful that most of my exes are still in my life in one form or another, and we can be in a place of a loving friendship with mutual respect for the paths we've taken separately.  I never wanted to hurt anyone.  I don't want relationships to end.  I'd rather go through a cooling-off period, then re-engage in a new kind of relationship instead of being without someone. 

People are in my life to teach me (or be taught), so why would I deny myself the opportunity and experience to progress and grow?

4. "It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone." Do you feel that she is correct?

OnehundredpercentYES! 

5. "Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer?" What was the last thing that you didn’t plan on doing but then thought, “What the hell!”?

Accepting the invitation to give a talk at an upcoming retreat.  The topic is slightly uncomfortable for me, but I'm going to do it for the sheer 'what the hell' of it!  I'm glad to be a Vessel -- use me, Lord.

6. "We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets." Do you have any major regrets?

Finishing college so far is the biggest regret of my life, but I'm headed back.  I'll finish...someday!

7. "What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course." What do you wear to bed?

Typically, I wear nothing.  In the winter months, I will wear t-shirts and/or yoga pants to bed, but mostly, I'm a nakedsleeper.

8. "It’s better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not." Have you ever pretended to be someone you are not because it was easier?

Don't we all?  Gosh, yes, I've done this....

9. "I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing." Are you usually on time for events or appointments?

I don't wear a watch, and rarely look at the time.  I'm not a fan of most structured things, time included.  While I admit to needing structure and find value in it, it's maddening to me.  I believe humans innately need structure of all kinds, but, again, I internally despise it.

So, no,  I am rarely on time for appointments.  I'm with Marilyn on this -- the things that make me late are too strong or too pleasing.

10. "Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about." What makes you smile?

~ the laughter of children, especially mine ~ sunshine warming my skin ~ friendships ~ my mom and all my family ~ seeing Duran Duran in concert ~ witnessing My Husband play violin with My Eldest ~ a good looking man ~ an unexpected compliment ~ Forget Me Nots ~ mojitos ~ Old Grand Dad and Coke ~ ice cream ~ flirting ~ good quotes ~ corny jokes ~ spooning ~ fingers in my hair ~ riding in a convertible ~ being near a body of water ~ memories ~ inside jokes ~ double entendre ~ buying new shoes ~ pedicures ~ glitter ~ my kid's artwork ~ magic tricks ~ the Share It garden ~ Fox Trot ~ Calvin & Hobbes ~ naughty things ~ all As & Bs ~ bowling a strike ~ open-mouth kisses on my neck ~ poetry ~ live concerts ~ having the house to myself for a little while ~ vacations ~ dancing close ~ sailing ~ bangle bracelets ~ spontaneous happenings ~ quick wit ~ Shit My Darth Says ~ being barefoot ~ saving more than I spent ~ Marilyn Monroe!

2 comments:

  1. #9 - A handy little piece of information had I read it before this weekend :) I keep smiling when I see you laughing sunday at the thought of following or keeping track of such a rigorous schedule. Now it all makes sense. What fun that was...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha, Christina. Yeah, this blog is kind of a Handbook of Jackie.

    Why did I ever get selected for that team?!

    Glad you stopped by....and flattered.

    Le smooch!

    ReplyDelete