Sunday, August 08, 2010

I Think I Might Like Him After All....

It's a prayer or seventeen answered for sure.

I'm gonna like Father Alphonse.  A lotlot. 

Today, I was able to attend a Sunday Mass and witness ~ experience ~ Father Alphonse celebrating.  Favorite things right off the bat:

*  the hair.  WOW, he has GREAT hair
*  the glasses:  sharp, witty, trendy.  I hope this is a sign of his priesthood, too.
*  the delivery of the homily:  he came around from the Altar and stood among us.  I love a priest among the people
*  the humor:  verrrrry good sense of humor.  He relayed a funny anecdote about the heat that had all of us laughing hard enough to forget about the sweat dripping down our backs.
*  the homily itself:  great messages.  Today's special message:  Where your treasure is, so, too, is your heart.

After the heartbreak of losing Father Don and Father Louis, the gem sparkling today might be just the reminder I needed of where my treasure is.

1 comment: