Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Four


It was a Friday.

There was a 57 Chevy waiting to take us to a party.

It started at 7:00 p.m.

It had rained in the mid-afternoon, cooling the Texas summer heat for August 22nd.

The church was simply decorated with candles, greenery and a few pew decorations.

He looked terrified.

I didn't cry....amazingly.

We walked down the aisle, the three attendants first. My Eldest joined us in the procession. The priest was last.

I could go on and on with details of my wedding day. Those are a few....and it was a lovely day.

I'm out of town for my fourth wedding anniversary, but I haven't forgotten it.

I called My Husband from 110 feet above sea level today. I stood atop a helipad on an offshore oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico and called him. I paid roaming charges and was disappointed to get his voicemail instead of him "live". I left a message anyway....

Honey, I'm here in the Gulf and by calling you, you are here with me too. Happy Anniversary. I'm lovin' ya. Bye.
And on the way back to shore, I smiled thinking about dancing with him at our reception to our song....

~What a Wonderful World~

No comments:

Post a Comment