Friday, August 17, 2007

The Itch Scratched

I "teased" you with the Panther/Falcon/Magnet reference. Now you can finally have that itch scratched. Such sweet relief!

School is about to start. And if you were a loyal and long-time reader of my blog (hint to guilt, guilt, guilt that I am intending VERY tougue-in-cheek), you'll recall the turmoil I endured making the decision to send Me Eldest to parochial school.

Her Kindergarten year was fabulous, although I suspect she was slightly bored. Luckily her teacher worked with her reading level. My Eldest was given some extra TLC from her teacher in regards to math and writing. She would allo My Eldest to some extra attention in these subjects as the other kids were learning basic phonics. We considered ourselves blessed.

The summer has come and almost passed. School starts on the 27th in most of the public school districts 'round here.

My Eldest will not be returning to her Panther Home.

Instead, she's entering a magnet school and will be a Falcon!

Yes, she's in public school. It specializes in classical arts, humanities, languages, cultural arts, music and the like. She still has to wear a uniform, but at least I can buy it at Target or The Children's Place! We managed to get to the used uniform sale and get some good school spirit wear for a reasonable price.

My Eldest is looking forward to First Grade at her new school, but naturally, she expresses sadness about leaving her friends from Kindergarten. I think most, if not all, are returning to the church for school. My Eldest loved the library at the public school...."it's so big, Mommy!".

So are you, baby girl.

So.
Are.
You.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. my mind totally went to the gutter when I read 'the itch scratched'... can you tell I am a single woman without consistent n**key? (laughing)

    ReplyDelete