Monday, August 20, 2007

Wonder Girl

I'm depositing from home.

I'm packing for a work-related trip.

I have sweet potatoes boiling.

My Eldest is hanging out with me.

I turn on iTunes.

My Eldest, freshly bathed, is sitting in her jammies - spaghetti strap nightgown covered in cherries.

Droplets of bath water plop onto her bare shoulders.

From her neck hangs a shiny, red Wonder Woman cape.

She is reading the new issue of Money magazine.

She is also newly adorned with a butterfly (temporary) tattoo on her left upper arm.

We are listening to My Baby Monsters podcast which has a 5 and a half year old girl who is doing some story telling and silly banter with her daddy. It's adorable so far. It's very child-like.

I am caught in this strange time warp or something. I've just taken a mental snapshot of My Eldest being both adult and child.

What an odd mental snapshot.....

No comments:

Post a Comment