Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Vocabulary Lesson #1




at·trac·tive [ ə tráktiv ] adjective

Definition:
1. good-looking: good-looking or sexually desirable
2. agreeable: pleasing in appearance or manner
3. interesting: interesting or appealing because of the probable advantagesan attractive proposition

Editors Note:
4. resembling a tractor


My family went to an End of Summer Swim Team Party at the neighborhood pool where My Eldest did all of her award-winning swimming. As we rolled slowly into the garage, she slumped her shoulders, sighed heavily and despondently said, "I'm soooo attractive" as if it were a bad thing.

My Husband: Attractive?! What do you mean?

My Eldest: It means I look like a tractor!

Then she rushed inside and pouted until shower time.

I think I'll write Encarta and the Oxford Dictionary people and notify them of their oversight.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel the same way! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. now that is some funny sh*t... I miss those kinds of comments... they grow up too fast! so, you DID clue her in, right? you didn't just let her keep thinking...

    ReplyDelete