Friday, June 03, 2011

Hello MAVS Win!

After an OUTSTANDING game one of Stanley Cup hockey last night, the Dallas Mavericks pull of a heist and actually win game two in Miami.

The second half started and I had a fierce hankering for ice cream. I went to check on a the house of a vacationing friend then wandered to Target to get some ice cream. The whole trip to the store, I had one eye on Twitter (which has become my source of all sports greatness) and one eye on the road. I busied the radio with scanning, in search of the game so I could listen to it.  As soon as I arrive at Target, the scan locates the station, and I leave it there, go inside to get my ice cream.

Now, I can't just go in and out of Target for one thing. You know how it is. Yeah, I know you do!  Anyway, I'm wandering through the children's books, the graduation cards, the electronics and whatnot.  So, of course, my 'quick' trip to Target turns in to the rest of the game!! I was there almost the whole second half of the basketball game!

I'm in line to pay, peeking at The Twittah which informs me that the Mavs WON!

Love it!
La-la-LOVE it!!

So, a six pack of Shiner's seasonal Ruby Redbird, some Klondike bars, and two half gallons of ice cream (one mint chocolate chip, the other Moo-llenium Crunch), I head home to celebrate Texas style!

GO MAVS!

No comments:

Post a Comment