Friday, June 10, 2011

An Oasis in Miami: One More Win

This video was played at last night's Mavs/Heat game in the American Airlines Center. I heard about it on The Ticket and someone posted a link to it, so I went to watch it.  I heard it had the legendary likes of Troy Aikman and Mike Modano, two of my favorite sports guys ever.  Roger, Emmitt, Warsh, Nolan, Nastia are but a few others Sports Greatnesses featured. 

The sportsfan in me cried a sportstear by the end of the montage and I was all tingly.

I BELIEVE!



It's my home town team & I've jumped on the bandwagon. (Oh wait! I'm lying! Dallas isn't my TRUE home town, but it's my adopted home town {miltiary life....if you've been in it in any capacity, you "get" me}.) Further confession:  I don't even LIKE to watch pro hoops in general. I am a college hoops fan (DUKE!). So, it's almost shameful and comical that I've latched on to this particular winning-ness. Of course, considering that I jumped on the baseball/Rangers bandwagon last year, is it any surprise?

Anyway, Dallas is now my home town. So, what can I say? Of COURSE I have Dirk Fever (but not that wickedsickness he played through in game four! What a stud!). I have Mavs fever. I have Championship fever! I have it and I will NOT be stopped!

And, oh, it's been such a long, dry (pro) Championship spell~Dallas has a serious Championship Drought going on here in North Texas.  Being one game away from THE Trophy is quite the oasis in the desert! The teases of having the Super Bowl, the NBA All Star game and the likes in this area haven't only made this town more insatiable. Greedy? Possibly. Greatness? Youbetchyerass! 

Let's hope the Rangers started a wave throughout all Dallas-area pro sports. I'm going to be dreaming of not only Mavs as champs, but hopinguponhope to see the Stars and the Cowboys in that spotlight, too! If not this year, then veryfreakingsoon, and it doesn't have to be limited to "the big four". I'll be rooting for FC Dallas & all pro teams to make Dallas proud(er?)!

Ending on a random/related footnote: Above, I referenced jumping on the Rangers World Series bandwagon. I've never been a baseball fan. But I have to say that since keeping up with the unusual sale & business goings-on of the Rangers last season & following it with at least one eye until the end of their season, I've become a little more baseballfan-ish this season. So, what's to say it won't happen with pro hoops too? Because, after all, can you ever REALLY get TOO MUCH sports?! (Say no!)

GO MAVS!

No comments:

Post a Comment