Thursday, June 02, 2011

Mavs! Rangers! Stanley Cup!

I've been trying harder to get into my two least favorite professional sports: Basketball and Baseball.  You get the bonus Hockeytalk in this blog. Don't worry, it'll be brief.

It just feels good to be here again, and to talk about stuff other than my kids and my faith. 

Formalities aside....let's get started!

Jumping on the chamionship bandwagon I readily admit. Easily with the Rangers going to the World Series last year, I've had one eye on baseball this season. I'm even sortakinda noticing the A's and the Angels... if they win or lose.

Recently, my employer treated the whole company to an outing at The Temple and I couldn't attend because I had a far more grand calling: My Little One's Montessori graduation. I confess to be disappointed in not going to the game. We haven't been in years, and the weather was great! It's not every day I get a free game, free drinks, free food, free transportation to and fro.... Plus, now that I'm more of a fan of the Rangers and baseball in general, I was hoping to have a new and different kind of experience.

Since I couldn't attend that day, I will find time to take the family and we'll all go. I think I'll find a night game, though. :) Gettin' hot!

So that concludes baseballchat for now. On to hAckey:

Since my Stars are not in the Stanley Cup, I'm no less passionate about the Bruins v. Canucks. I absolutely LOVE to watch the Sedins, and Vancouver as a whole is just damn good fun to watch. They are fast, efficient and just overall GOOD! The American in me pulls for the Bruins, though. And I think they have some of the best uniforms in all of sports. Yes. ALL of sports....not just hockey. I'm really torn about who I want to win....  If I throw in the Stars and their conference affiliation, I should be rooting for the Canucks. But...they are Canadian! I'm American! So conflicted!  I think it's best I just cheer for the greatness of the game. Don't you?

Game 1 earlier tonight was phenomenal. TT in net  held it together until the last 18 seconds..... Oy! This is going to be a GREAT series!

Same with the Mavs  gonna be a great series. I'm loving that they are in the finals. I've come to learn how hated the Heat are considering how they were 'built'. I really want Dirk to get a ring, and I don't think he'll be denied. King James can wait. DWade can wait. They all can. 

Texas is due a championship by pure odds....

Let's make it happen, boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment