Monday, June 27, 2011

NKOTBSB in Dallas

I have to giggle....

It's no secret that I'm a HUGE Duran Duran fan. But boy bands? Never got into them -- at all! I remember a handful of songs by New Kids On The Block and Back Street Boys, but by no means do I remember the words or the names of the songs!

My angelic friend asked me to attend the NKOTBSB concert with her (I'm very annoyed by the 'shared' B.). She was *beside* herself with giddiness when she received tickets to the show as a gift! I accepted with the condition that if she found a friend who is a BIGGER fan than I am, she should take that friend instead. It wasn't because I didn't want to go. Certainly I want to spend time with her, so that wasn't the reason either! I just know how passionate I feel about Duran Duran, and how exhilarating it is to have a friend with you who enjoys the squealing and the dancing and the uninhibited stupidness that is on display when attending a concert of a favorite band.  However, I was the blessed cohort in crime & I gladly stepped up to the plate!

The boys didn't disappoint -- not a one of them.  They all posed. They all bared their abs.  They all sported Mavs jerseys. They all danced. They all sang to ONLY ME! They sang songs I didn't know belonged to them, and they sang them with passion, energy and fun!

Sadly, one Back Street Boys boy was missing:  Kevin Richardson. He's the one I liked best.  In his absence, I'll suffer through the yummygoodness of Donnie Wahlberg. Torture!


I love how fun my life is these days!

~Whoosh

No comments:

Post a Comment