Wednesday, December 01, 2010

WW: Groucho Marx


Is he giving us the finger?!

Today we picked Groucho Marx. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

 1. 'A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." 
What is a superstition that many have that you think is crazy?

Opening an umbrella indoors, the black cat crossing under a ladder at midnight are two that I find crazy. 

Oddly, I am spooked by the broken mirror superstition.
2. "A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running."
What were you in the hospital for the last time that you were admitted?

Child birth.

3. "Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse."
What payment do you make that seems ridiculous?

Except for medical, I'd say almost any insurance. 

4. "Humor is reason gone mad."
How would you describe your sense of humor?

It's all over the board.  I enjoy a good, cheezy joke.  I like the dry humor of Brits and the subtle double entendre in words.  I also like a bit of dark humor.  I've even been known to laugh at humor that is controversial, but I try to keep all that in check.  I DO NOT like potty humor -- at all.

5. "I have a mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it."
Who was the last person that you wanted to beat with something or other?

I don't have this inclination often, but, without naming names or describing situations, I can think of a person or five that I wanted to at least slap in the back of the head.  I have no tolerance for stupidity.

6. "I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
Would you ever like to change something about your face?

I wish it was thinner so my cheekbones and jawline were more accentuated. 

7. "I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury."
I read an article recently that asked if marriage was still relevant. Other than to raise children do you see the point?

Marriage in the context of a sacrement is relevant, yes.  Civil marriage is contextually relevant.

8. "If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."
Do you find that you tend to repeat your stories?

I don't think so -- not to the same person over and over.  I will share the same story with a new friend or group of people.  I'm pretty good about remember with whom I've shared stories.

9. "There's one way to find out if a man is honest - ask him. If he says, "Yes," you know he is a crook."
Do you find most people that are in your life to be honest?

I believe everyone tries to be honest, but we all lie. 

10. "Wives are people who feel they don't dance enough."
Have you ever felt that your significant other did not go out with enough?

I'm not sure I understand this question, but this is my interpretation of it:  Do you feel like you dated your significant other long enough?

No, I don't feel like I dated My Husband long enough.  He and I both acknowledge that our courtship was not long enough, BUT, we also both trust the process and believe we were brought together for a reason bigger than us. 

And for the record, I love to dance and don't get to dance nearly enough.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment