Friday, December 24, 2010

40 4 40: 7 - Christmas Eve Wow

I attended Mass at 4:00 today because My Eldest was singing in the church choir at that time (we typically attend midnight Mass).  The community caroled while we waited for Mass to start, and of course, the whole service was filled with traditional songs.  This night, the parish community was treated to the not-so-traditional "The Rocking Carol".  (It's written in the perspective from the children of Bethlehem when Jesus was born.  The children wanted to rock Jesus.  Isn't that so sweet?  *melt*)

There is *nothing* like the angelic voices of children singing.

I cried.

My Little One looked over to me during song and noticed I was crying.  I had quit singing and closed my eyes to just be in the moment...to soak up the wonder and awe of the coming of Jesus....to hear it in the voices of children and fellow believers.  I was consumed by the moment and was nearly buckled to my knees.  And, it was at this time, at the peak of my humbled wonder, that My Little One put her tender hand on my face and asked me why I was crying.


"Don't worry, love, they are happy tears."

She started tearing up, too.

She hugged me with her fair-skinned delicate arms and said, "I'm crying happy tears, too, mama".

Wow.

Just... wow.

The Love.  The Love present in that moment -- wow.

We enjoyed the rest of Mass, filled with the anticipation of the coming of Christ and all that it promises.  My Eldest did superbly and I am a proud, proud mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment