Sunday, December 19, 2010

40 4 40: 1 - Comet

My 40th birthday is quickly approaching. I'm welcoming it with a loving embrace and a smile. WTF is wrong with me?! haha!

Admittedly, I'm sort of resigned to "aging", but then there's a tinge of me that isn't. Truthfully, I'm more bothered that I have that tinge than by the aging itself. I suppose it might be the natural grief process of realizing I'll never achieve that potential that everyone but me knew about, and I'll never have that wild youth I so often daydream about, all that globetrotting I had envisioned, and my body isn't in the shape I thought it would be in at this age. All in all, those are some heavy disappointments in my mind.

However, there's more to me than my shape, my wiley, well-travelled youth and being that doctor, teacher, big screen star. I am humbled by all the OTHER things I am at almost-40. I'm amazed at all that I've done by now.

So, to honor being forty, I'm going to do a serial post of forty things about my forty years. These things might be inspirational, spiritual, insightful, jokes, trivia about me, recipes, a lil ditty... You get the idea.

Today -- a big announcement:

I've been accepted to the University of Texas at Dallas, home of the Fighting ..... Comets? 

Okay, so Comets don't fight.  But they are cool.  (Right?)  Therefore *I* am cool.  (Right?!)

I *will* graduate from this school.  And it'll be with a real degree.  And the plan is to graduate from this school BEFORE My Eldest graduates high school.  That gives me eight years. 

What's eight more years?

~Whoosh~

1 comment:

  1. The say that life begins at 40. Age is just a number...there is my favorite quotation that relates to this...here it goes..
    "We never stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!"
    Advance Happy Birthday!

    krizza
    krizza-lifestipsandtricks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete