Thursday, October 21, 2010

Music Minute: Madonna

Chances are that Madonna has at least ONE song you'll dig. 

I give her loads of credit as a savvy entertainer because she's constantly reinventing herself; she is timeless.  She pulls all of the past and all of the future into the now.  She invents trends and make sher mark in that timelessness.

I dig LOTS of her songs.  I've included a new playlist that includes:
  • Don't Cry For Me Argentina from the movie "Evita".  "Evita" is one of my favorite musicals to watch.  I love the story.  I thought Madonna did a pretty good job in the movie.  I definitely like her voice as Eva Perón, especially this song.
  • Erotic - just a damn sexy song.
  • Justify My Love - another damn sexy song
  • Rain - I love all things water, and this song washes over me like water when I hear it. 
  • Sorry - The use of mulitiple languages is what I like most, as well as the message
  • Like A Prayer - even though the video is controversial, I love the gospel sounds of it.  There are some groovin' club mixes to this song that make me get up and dance.  A fave for a long time!
  • I Want You - Never heard it before making this playlist, but liked it.  I'll be giving it a listen more.
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment