Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WW: Stephen King

Today's WW features Stephen King.

1. “I tend to scare myself…”
When was the last time you scared yourself?

I do it every day driving.  I hate driving in the city.  I like road trips, but I'm not a safe, smart, defensive, good driver by any means on a day-to-day basis.  I apologize for all past, present and future traffic indescritions I've commited.


2. “Time heals all wounds…”
What was the longest it took you to recover from an illness, injury or surgery?

In a physical sense, I suppose I've been quite blessed.  I haven't had too many ailments that fall in the "recover" column. 

I am still emotionally reconciling some choices made moons ago that affect my physical well-being.

3. “Your first impulse is to share good news. Your second is to club someone over the head with it…”
What was the last good news you had to share?

I went to the Galleria today and got a free pumpkin truffle.  Yay!

4. “When it comes to the past, we all stack the deck…”
Is there something in your past you speak highly of that was not so great while you were going through it?

Yes, there are several things.  It's part of progress and growing closer to God.  I always say, pain = growth, from bad comes good, and trust the process.  I try to own and speak highly of my mistakes, bad choices, erratic judgment calls, inconsistent behaviors.

Mix those things in with the good qualities I've been given and the result is WHO I AM.  I am perfectly me.  :)

5. “Do you drink? Of course! I just said I was a writer!..”
What do you need to drink to do?

I don't NEED to drink to do anything, which is good and bad.  Like everyone, many of my guards go off-duty when I've had too much to drink, and my inhibitions become uninhibited.

Suffice it to say that I do should not ever drink too much.  Ever.

I do get a giggle out of human behavior in the context of drinking.  It's interesting to me when people say they drive better, dance better, last longer during "relations" (<~~~ you men), think better while drunk or tipsy.  Humans are funny people.  That all I have to say about that.

6. “If you liked being a teenager, then there’s something really wrong with you…”
What did you like about being a teenager?

I'm probably guilty of being that girl who is stuck in her teenage years because they were so fun, especially at school.  I was a good girl, good student, smiley.  I have fond memories of friendships, but very few of actual events.  I remember the moods and the relationships and when I look back at my teenage years, I wish I was still there sometimes.

7. “Nobody likes a clown at midnight…”
What do you like at midnight?

Everything.

8. “It is the tale, not he who told it…”
Who is your favorite teller of tales or jokes?

Red Skelton was pretty good.  Steven Wright is another.  Kenny Rogers sure knows how to sing a story!  I'm sure there are others....

9. “The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool…”
Were you ever conned or fooled into a scam?

Oh gosh, yes!  More than once.  My ignorance is so blissful.  Please keep me there.  It's too painful to know I've been taken for granted. 

10. “If fear cannot be articulated, then it can’t be conquered…”
What do you fear?

Anaesthesia.  I have an irrational fear of not waking up from it.  But I suppose that might be considered an irrational anxiety.  Now I'm wondering -- is there a difference between a fear and an anxiety?  Hmmm...

I do find that I'm afraid to take emotional risks in relationships.  I try to play it safe for the most part.  I mess up a lot and it makes me more and more gun-shy, less willing to trust.  That's not healthy, to withdraw.

~Whoosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment