Friday, October 22, 2010

Bandwagon Rides Are Fun

I admit it.

I'm on the bandwagon.  I'm THRILLED for the Texas Rangers headed to their first ever World Series! And I am not ashamed to admit that I'm into it because they are winning, and they are from Texas and there are a whole bunch of really hot guys out there.  haha!

Josh Hamilton -- what a story, huh?  Cutie pie.  MVP giving Glory to God.  As it should be.  Amen.

Greenberg -- the ownership dispute, bankruptcy and all that legal speed bump mid-season.

Nolan Ryan - stud, legend, bigger than life.

Ron Washington - apparently first and only time cocaine use does pay off!  "That's the way baseball go."

Neftali - awesomeness.  More awesomeness awaits him. 

Cliff Lee -- what a babe. And he can pitch.  And he's muy sexy.

I don't watch much baseball -- I really only watch it when I'm AT the game.  But this post-season stuff has been pretty exciting, especially this victory over the Yankees.  There are a handful of teams that I just.don't.like.  Oakland Raiders (NFL), LA Lakers (NBA), and the NY Yankees (MLB).  Even if the Rangers fall on their asses to the Phillies or the Giants in the World Series, the fact that they so handily cleaned the clock of the Yankees is sweetsweetnextbestthingtotheWorldSeries.  All you baseball buffs -- have you EVER seen the Yankees so DOMINATED? 

Also, the little dig to A-Rod.  And Tex.  *snicker*

I hope there's a movie made about this team someday; it's such a great story.

Go Rangers!!

(P.S.  Thanks to the Rangers, people have hope in Texas sports teams again in the post-season.  Since the Mavs and the Cowboys have teased us, this entry into the World Series by the most unlikely of teams is so satisfying.  Maybe the Stars will go to the Stanley Cup this year.  *crosses fingers*  Here's hopin'!)

No comments:

Post a Comment