Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WW: KK

Kim Kardashian is the inspiration for this week's Wednesday Wickedness...  These questions turned out to be funner than I expected.  I saw "Kardashian" and thought, "wtf do *I* have in common with a Kardashian besides my gorgeous body and looks?!  Gawww!"  Lo and behold, Kim and I have a LOT in common!


1. "White is actually one of my favorite colors. I have a white car. I love white." Tell us about your first car.

I learned to drive with my mom's 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass. It was a steel blue ride, all tricked out for 1987.  (Maybe I remember it as "tricked out" as in "I'm a military brat white girl who has no idea what 'tricked out' even means, but I'm cool because I can drive and you can't.)  I remember the steering being very responsive!  What a weird thing to remember....  Anyway, it was an automatic.  I liked that car because we took a lot of road trips in it as a family. 




My parents were smart.  They made sure I could drive a standard.  So, enter center stage this bad boy:


The first car I ever drove as a licensed driver was a 1982 Toyota pickup truck that was my dad's.  (I don't think I took my driver's test in the pickup, so maybe I am lying here.  So *technically*, the first car I drove as a licensed driver was the Cutlass.  I just wanted to work in the 1982 brown truck is all....)  It was a standard, chocolate brown with three stripes along the sides.  The stripes were varying degrees of lighter shades of brown.  I can't believe it but I actually found a picture online that is VERY similar to it (why am I in disbelief?  I mean...it's the friggin' internets, man! EVERYTHING is on these webs!)

MY first car -- the first one I owned on my own -- the first one I ever financed all by myself and didn't have to borrow or whore to use is this:




First of all...I'm kidding about the whore part.  Totally.  Second of all, this car comes with that checkered showroom floor.  THAT'S how cool that car is!  And yes, it was silver.  And yes, my brother wanted to borrow it.  A lot.

P.S. Blue is MY favorite color!

2. "I've just had enough of people misrepresenting me. Get to know me and see who I am." Have you ever been paranoid?

Who?  ME?!  *shifty eyes*

*nervously answers*

Ummm...no.  I'm, like, *looks around* totally chill, y'know?

*flinches*

Did you see that?!

+

I have definitely had times of paranoia.  We all have (right?!). 

Example:  I was in a hit & run accident in high school RIGHT after I received my driver's license.  I was driving that brown truck up there when I hit a parked car and left the scene of the accident.  I lied to my parents and told them that the truck was vandalized at the football game.  I was sweating bullets all that night, sleepless conniving lie after lie.  After much stress and paranoia, I came clean but boy was there some steep consequences! 

Ahhh youth.  (Love you, mom!)

3. "I opened the store myself. Even Paris and Nicky Hilton -- they`re completely independent too." How old were you and what were you doing when you became independent of your parents?

My parents empty-nested when I was 21.  Dad got an overseas assignment and they moved to Hawaii while my brother and I stayed state-side.  I was living alone in my own apartment, going to college, dating someone seriously, and working.  I haven't been home since.
4. "I want to be a Bond girl!" Have you ever wanted to be in the movies?

ohmygosh YES!  I think I am more attracted to stage life these days, but yes, I did want to be on the silver screen.  Dig around the blog to learn more about that.  Spending the time digging is time well spent...I'm worth the read.  :P
5. "I would never snub Hugh Hefner. I love him and his whole team." How much money would it take for you to pose nude?

I don't think there's any amount of money that I would take.  Of course, you could try.  I'm open to entertaining all offers.  :P
6. "I think my sense of style is evolving. I'm figuring out ways to be sexy without having to flaunt it." Who are the top 3 sexy celebrities in your opinion?

Angelina Jolie, Lauren Graham, Sara Ramirez

7. "I'm the girl who's too shy to dance in a nightclub — maybe for one song, and then that's it." Tell us about the last time that you danced in a nightclub?

It's been too long.  I miss nightclub dancing.  I love it!  I love the fever and the beat and the sexuality of it.  I love the raw air, the unspoken words of eyes, looks and hands....bodies alive in passionate movement, the lights.  Don't even need a drink to get intoxicated!  The atmosphere is soooo HAWT!! 

With that being said -- yeah...hmmm....I think it's been a few years.  Now I'd be called a cougar and that would be pathetic. I would never want to be classified as that.  Is there a 40-something night club?  And what would you call the boys who show up at the 40-club looking for "experienced" women to bring back to the bachelor pad?  Cubs?  Club Cubs.  Yeah, I guess that works.....

Anyone want to take me dancing?
8. "I want to be pregnant by the time I'm 30, hopefully." Since normal people don’t decide on having kids depending on their age, what factors do you think are important when making that decision?

I think age is a factor for sure!  I didn't want kids when I was younger.  When I was pregnant with My Eldest, I delivered her when I was 29.  At that point, I told myself that I wanted to be done having children by the age of 35.  My Little One was born when I was 35.

What OTHER factors are important when making this decision?  Well, for sure your value system, faith practice & teachings, relationship status.  In the event of unexpected pregnancy in the case of wanted/unwanted or health concerns, as in my case, there is no question about it the fact that the baby inside is a gift from Above, even if it doesn't feel like one.  Even if one if fear-filled and having feelings of ill-will, impropriety, even doom, it's a gift.  There are still responsible and smart decisions to be made in every situation.  At the core of all decisions is love, trust and communication.  (Easier said than done.  I know!)  It's like I always say -- from bad comes good.  Trust the process (TTP).

9. "My balance is really bad. I just hope my clumsiness doesn't show through". Is there anything about you that you hope doesn’t show through?

I have many spiritual, physical and emotional faults, failures, vulnerabilities, defects, secrets, inequities that I hide.  We all do.  I'm no different.  I hope they don't come through, but if & when they do, it's best to own it and deal with it head-on.  Ideally, through self-discovery, I can reconcile them BEFORE they are revealed.  Again -- another TTP moment.

10. "I eat less junk food, hardly any soda, and just try to eat more protein. I definitely can’t give up sweets all together, so I just toned them down!" How does one “tone down” their diet?

Eat closer to the source, minimize processed foods, moderation, moderation, moderation.  Don't ask me the mechanics of all that because I'm not good at doing ANY of that!  :)
 
~Whoosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment