Saturday, February 06, 2010

The Next Best Thing....Maybe?

I went to a Mardi Gras party last night, hosted as a corporate event.  It was held in downtown Las Colinas, which holds a special spot in my heart.  Las Colinas is where I lived when I first moved to the Meteroplex (term coined by Gordon Keith).  Whenever I go there, I wish I lived there again.  

But I digress....

I've had The Real Mardi Gras on my (what's now more commercially known as) Bucket List.  I've always thought it'd be wayway fun to go to NOLA and party it up hedonistically (do I even know HOW to do that?!).  I haven't made it there yet, and I'm probably not going to get there any time soon...so, last night might be the next best thing to it.  

I was dressed in shimmery red, a long flowing dress with spaghetti straps and a shoulder wrap.  I sprinkled red and silver glitter on my arms, neck, chest and shoulders.  I added dramatic makeup and pinned part of my hair back so that I could stylishly wear my mask -- Un Masque de Papillon.  I wore a gold and silver colored butterfly mask, feeling very fluttery and dainty.

My mind bunny-trailed to that movie "Eyes Wide Shut".  It might've been cool to actually walk into a party like that.

Later that evening, I took a puff of a cigar.  I have no idea what kind of cigar it was.  All I know is that it cost $7 and it leaves a killer taste in my mouth!  WOW! 

Overall, the music was great, the creme brûlée was sinful and I had a great time!

Bring on the real Mardi Gras!

No comments:

Post a Comment