Friday, November 27, 2009

Lord Stanley's Cup Returns to Big D

I read that the Stanley Cup was going to be making an appearance at the Dallas Galleria today.  I just HAD to go!  HAD to!  And I'm so glad I did!  What a very cool moment in life.

I was thinking about this silliness I am experiencing about The Cup.  It's downright giddy to be truthful.  Anyway, I was getting dressed and thinking to myself:  self, why is this so important?  I mean, in the grand scheme of life, it's not all that life-changing or moving.  It's mostly just entertainment.  So why does it matter?

Then I concluded it really DOESN'T matter, but it's one of those quality of life things.  If I had to surrender something to give more time and energy to something else, I could surrender hockey, football, television (TV would be SO easy!  I want to do it NOW!), and some other things.  But, since life is such a struggle, I cling to the things that make me excited -- like hockey, like seeing Lord Stanley's Cup IN PERSON.

KBD was there, too, and she took most of the pictures (thanks KBD!), then we had someone else snap us both together with the cup.  I took the closeup of the 1998-99 Dallas Stars Championship Team.


While there, KBD and I learned that every year, The Cup takes a tour, and every Friday after Thanksgiving, it's in Dallas.  Maybe I'll make an annual trek!

Oh!  And Happy Birthday, Dad.  I continue to love you more and more each day.  I miss you as much today than the day you rose.  Well, truthfully, miss you MORE than that.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment