Saturday, November 14, 2009

thirtynineyears

In no particular order of importance, I've compiled

1.  Passion is the essence of all things.  Be passionate.
2.  Love.  Move past the physical.  Plant yourself in the Spirit.  Don't allow differences to bound your love from being given and received.  And at the moments when you think you cannot offer love, dig deeper and love anyway.
3.  Money is badbadjuju.
4.  It's a lot harder than it looks.
5.  From bad comes good.
6.  Pain is growth.
7.  Trust the process.
8.  The Dallas Cowboys will ALWAYS be America's Team.
9.  More Americans need to give hockey a chance.  If you like football, you'll more than like hockey!
10.  Sometimes I just don't want to.  So, STFU.
11.  Ice cream soothes the soul best.
12.  Pizza is the best food on Earth on Thursday nights.  Hamburgers on Monday nights, especially during football season.
13.  Sunday afternoon naps are life-giving, soul-warming, peace-promoting and uber-necessary.  In fact, all naps are.  Nap as often as possible.  Just don't miss out on life.
14.  I am certain to die of cancer.  The mathematical genetics are in favor of cancer.
15.  Being a mom is the greatest gift in the whole entire span of humanity, but I'm so much more than a mom and for that, I fall to my knees in thanksgiving that I have been made to so dynamic, so full of life, and I will continue to walk with my arms outstretched learning to be more and better than I am at this very moment.
16.  Sex outside of the bed is better than inside the bed. Probably.
17.  Sometimes the relief of peeing when I've been holding it for a reallllly long time is better than an orgasm. 
18.  I wish I could sing and play an instrument well.  I want to learn how to play the harp before I die.
19.  My children love me.
20.  I make yummy enchiladas -- gringa style!
21.  Lip gloss or some sort of lip moisturizer is a must-have for me.
22.  Teenagers aren't as bas as I made them out to be.
23.  Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches...yeah.
24.  Give things and people a second chance.
25.  Every woman wants to feel pretty.  Every woman has a way to feel pretty -- her way.
26.  God created Eve for many reasons.  He gifted Adam with her.  One of the many reasons for this is so Adam knew he was not alone.  It's not even a male/female thing.  It's about community.  It's about validation.  It's about selflessness.  It's okay to withdraw sometimes, but don't shut people out.  You are needed.  You need.  Love your lover.  Love the unloveable.  Love never fails.
27.  Smiling and laughing is possible even in the depth of sadness and grief.
28.  Playing with my hair, stroking it, rubbing my scalp...this is one of the most intimate acts that I adore. 
29.  Kissing is absolutely a deal maker or deal breaker.  Kiss well in love.  Kiss often in relationships.  Be a good kisser and don't be afraid to recieve kisses.  Don't allow social rules to define or limit your expression of love.
30.  My friends are rocks.  Each and every one I cling to, and I thank each of you for not moving.
31.  I need to be surrounded by positive energy; therefore, I don't watch or read the news (it manages to find me anyway if it's a big enough story).
32.  If I won the lottery, I'd become a philanthropist. 
33.  Growing up in my formative years in El Paso, Texas, allowed me the extreme of living in a bubble to living in the wars of gangs.  Border life is indescribeable.  In spite of it's negative stereotype, El Paso holds some amazing beauty, rich tradition, woven cultures, and I am proud to have been raised in the Sun City.
34.  I was born in Alaska and often say in a tongue-in-cheek manner that I need to be near my people.  I will return to Alaska some day and breathe in the clean, crisp air. With any luck, I'll make a snow angel while there.

No comments:

Post a Comment