Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Stomping Queen

Do you remember (or ever heard of) that song by Abba called "Dancing Queen"?  Well...just think of that song and insert "Stomping" in lieu of "Dancing" and that was me this morning!

I fell asleep feeling very angsty and kinda blah.  I slept very hard for a very short amount of time.  Around four of the clock in the ante meridiam, I awoke.  And I thought.  And layed.  And counted.  And thought.  And layed.  And counted.  And thought.  And layed.  And thought.  And thought.  And thought I need to quit laying and DO something.  I was *still* feeling angsty.

So, I decide to get my happy arse out of the bed and take a walk!  It was 4:55 ayem and this angstygirl was gonna just breathe in the crisp 40 degree weather and hopefully work out all the angst.  So, I slipped on my black and white Nikes, grab my iPod nano and head out the door. 

I don't know why I don't thrive on this.  I love that time of the morning.  It's quiet, peaceful.  It's still.  It settles me.

I turn the volume on my music up really high and listen to the Cowboy Junkies, Metric, Dandy Warhols.  I ended on "Santa Monica" by Everclear.  Let me tell you what...  I was so relaxed and uplifted when that song came on that I was literally stomping and dancing to that song on the last half block or so.  I'm sure my neighbors, if they saw, were giggling at me.

It felt good to feel good.  I am not used to that feeling, so it definitely feels even uncomfortable to feel that good. 

Here's hoping I can keep stomping in the mornings.... *clink*

No comments:

Post a Comment