Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mystery Girls Club

Remember, when as little kids, we'd make clubs? And they were exclusive clubs! "No boys allowed", or "Girls Only", or "Future Farmers of America". In church today, My Eldest shared a club story with me.

My Eldest created a club with two of her friends last school year called the Mystery Girls Club. No boys were allowed, and this club had a clear mission: to solve mysteries. This is the first I've heard of said club. (I wonder how much of this conversation occurred because My Eldest didn't want to participate in Mass.)

Eldest: Remember friend 1 and friend 2? Well, we formed a club called the Mystery Girl's Club and we had to solve mysteries. Well, not real ones, but pretend ones. And we had, like, 2000 clues to figure out this mystery.

Me: Wow! That's cool. And that's a lot of clues. Surely you figured it out. Tell me what it was all about...

Eldest: *sigh* Well, we never did figure it out. *looks away disappointed and embarrassed*

Me: *smiling assuringly as only a mother can do* What?! What do you mean you didn't figure it out?? You made it up AND you had TWO THOUSAND CLUES! How could you not figure it out? *smile*

Eldest: Well it wasn't a real mystery, mama! And besides, most shows on TV only have three clues. Y'know, like Blues Clues, or Scooby Doo. All they need is three clues to figure out their mystery. Maybe I should get my own show and we'll call it "The Mystery Girls Club Show".

Me: Sure, babe. You do that. *goes back to listening at church*

No comments:

Post a Comment