Thursday, March 31, 2011

Personality Differences

I have been so terribly busy since January. I've been taking a psychology class one night a week, but the reading alone is a part-time job because of the amount of energy I have to expend doing so. 

I was blessed enough to be stopped in time to notice a few items around the house that made me stop and smile. 
This basket is called "The Come & Go Basket". It's filled with borrowed books that My Eldest has read or is currently reading.  The books are ones checked out from her school library, the local library, borrowed from friends or family, or borrowed from teachers at school.  At any given time, I would guess that My Eldest is reading at least five books or more.  She finishes most thicker books in two days or less (like the ones on the right).  I'm amazed at her, and prayprayPRAY she stays this interested in reading her whole life!  

Anyway, I snapped this picture because I think it captures her essence.  She's introspective, knowledgeable about a lot of things, and interested in life, which is depicted in books.  The basket represents how she's a catch-all for stories.  Or how she is constantly filled.  The basket is never empty. Never.  It's a good symbol of who she is.
The borrowed book basket library of My Eldest
And then there's My Little One....  *laughing*

Look at the neatly lined-up paper umbrellas.  Yes, this is her.  She's playful, colorful, likes fancy things and she's even organized.  I wouldn't say that she's obsessed with order by any means, but she definitely likes things her way.  She knows what she wants & doesn't want.  She has an appreciation for how things look.  This photo, taken the same day as the Come & Go Basket photo, captures My Little One's essence, too.  Playful, observant, eye for detail, has a flair about her, and even some culture for her tender age.  


My Little One has an eye for design and structure

No comments:

Post a Comment