Thursday, March 10, 2011

Butterfly Birthday Girl


Yes, she IS going to have a butterfly shaped cake with blue frosting, and three layers of cake 'neath the creamybluegoodness.  The three layers will be vanilla, strawberry, chocolate -- a true neopolitan.  Oh, and don't forget the glitterrrr! 

My Little One told me yesterday that she had never seen yellow roses before.  We had been talking about state flowers, and I told her I thought the yellow rose was Texas's, but I must've thought that erroneously (I suspect because of that song The Yellow Rose of Texas - thanks Elvis!); every place I've looked says it's the bluebonnet.  I couldn't help but get her a dozen yellow roses to greet her at the breakfast table (complete with special request Orange Crush and donuts).  My Eldest made her the necklace she's wearing, which is paper rolled into beeds.  So special.... 


Anyway...

This day, five years ago, God blessed me with a sunshine so bright, warm and life-giving.  I'm not worthy to be in her light.....

Happy Birthday, Little One, and keep shining!


No comments:

Post a Comment