Friday, October 13, 2023

Halloween Memories & Beware Araskavedekatriaphobia

 At work, we have an October filled with competitive events where we team up in a "House". The Houses are given opportunities to earn points, for no real end-game except bragging rights. For as small as this company is, there are some fierce competitors. One of the points-earning opportunities this year includes bringing in a picture of yourself as a kid dressed in a Halloween costume. Team members can earn five points just by participating. There will be additional points awarded to the team who has a member who guess the most amount of employees correct as it correlates to their childhood picture.

I've been looking for pictures of me dressed up as Wonder Woman (the kind with the spooky masks that have the cut-out eyes , nostrils & mouth hole in the elastic laced suffocation device shown below) or a ghost or a witch. 



Nope.

No photos. 

Not a one.

I texted my brother to ask if he remembers seeing any pictures of us as kids dressed in our trick-or-treating regalia and he replied, "oddly....no". 

My brother is a huge KISS fan, so I'm 99% sure he dressed up as Gene or Paul one year...makeup and all. But I don't have any *clear* memories of HIM dressing up either!

Now I'm wondering if I even went trick-or-treating! 

Is this because I'm getting older? Or is it a result of moving around as a little kid? I've said before that I don't really remember too many things about childhood, but the food addict in me would feel so guilty if I didn't remember scoring all that candy once a year!

Man, I'm sad now. And I can't even earn five points for my House -- OF WHICH I AM THE HEAD! I'm the head of Team Blue October! 

*kicks dirt*

+

Also: Happy Friday the 13th.





~WHOOSH



No comments:

Post a Comment