Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Bucket List: Winchester Mystery House

I first heard about The Winchester Mystery House about ten or so years ago. As I write this blog, I'm trying to remember from where I heard it Seems like it was on one of those travel shows on cable. Maybe it was an Extreme Homes?

Anyway, one thing that struck me initially is it's claim that it's the house that was never finished being built. Sarah Winchester was a 19th century eccentric socialite that drifted toward reclusiveness. What began as a traditional Queen Victoria-style home eventually became a haunted maze.

Some quick facts:
  • Doors open into empty space (no floor)
  • 10,000+ windows
  • 160+ rooms
  • Staircases that dead-end abruptly
  • Lots of secret passages
  • Allegedly HAUNTED!

Maybe I'll take a trip out to San Jose to see it.....




Will I see you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment