Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Dedication to My Mom

Yesterday, I came home to a swept floor, a fried plant tended back to health, a neat and presentable daughter's room. 

Before that, she said yes to watching my kids all day so My Husband and I could work.

Before that, she said yes to watching a sick kid, herself in a constant immunocompromised state of health.

Before that, she's made meal after meal for My Family, fed My Kids whenever there's a time crunch between getting home from work and zipping to extracurricular activities. She's even taken them to the extracurricular activity, and picked them up.

She's been understandably upset when our schedules get crossed.


Me, My Brother, My Father and Mother ~ late 1971

She buys slurpees, gluten-free pasta, black licorice, sunflower seeds -- all for us.

She has given My Family a lot of her love, energy, time and today, I want to specially honor My Mom.  I'm endlessly grateful to have her in my life, and I'm glad my kids have a grandmother in her.  My mom grew up with no mother, didn't know her grandparents. She's survived a long, hard life and overcome a lot of challenges. 

I love her more each day.

Thanks, Mom, for making my life easier. And thanks for all you do for me and My Family.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Amen. We don't always communicate cleary but I truly appreciate my Mom. I worry about her everyday and love her even more

    ReplyDelete