Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WW: Captain Kirk

 It's that time of week again -- Wednesday Wickedness.  I missed posting last week's on time, but I'm going to do it anyway and post it as if I didn't miss it.  Guaranteed goodness!


1. “Captain Kirk has been a source of pleasure and income a long time now.” Who is your favorite Star Trek character of all time including all the shows and movies? Why?

I'm not much of a Trekkie, though I remember watching it regularly as a kid with my family.  Spock always stands out and so does Zulu.  I didn't really get the story lines as I recall.  I just liked watching the outer space stuff and the music was pretty neat. 

2. “But if you want to know the truth, the weirdest thing that has happened has been my discovery that people who attend conventions are filled with love.” What was the last public gathering that you attended where you “felt the love“?

I was just at an ACTS retreat this last weekend.  I had the honor of serving as a team member, which explains my absence on posting the Wednesday Wickedness last week.  Too many things to do, not enough hours in the day!  Anywhoooo -- how can one attend a God-centered retreat for three days and NOT "feel the love"?!

3. “How do I stay so healthy and boyishly handsome? It’s simple. I drink the blood of young runaways.” What do you do to stay youthful?

Three O's a day -- Oil of Olay!

I don't know how I stay young & boyishly handsome.  Often I feel (too) old, but then the 20-somethings are always surprised to hear I'm pushing 40.  I'm typically told I look 27, 28.  I think the oldest I've ever been told is 32.  I'll take that all! day! long!  I have a pretty young heart, old soul.  I like some youthful things musically, pop-culturally, etc.

I suppose my kids help keep me young.  :)

4. “I think acting satisfies the need and desire for approval.” What in life gives you a feeling of approval?

I admit to needing too much external validation.  I seek approval extrinsically often.  I'm not too happy about that but I understand better why I do it.  Just this year, a lot has been revealed to me about that very thing.  I've always admired how people could feel intrinsically satisfied and validated.


Definitely the laughter, smiles, kind words and love of my children give me approval.  Hugs, kisses and touches from friends and family definitely do, too.  When I am invited to go to happy hour or various places, I feel like people like me.  Hell, even if someone friend requests me on Facebook, I feel like a million bucks and I prance around with a giddy smile.  hahaha.

When I was on stage as a teenager, I loved it!  I felt very alive and felt like I could rule the world!  Silly dreams....  I do understand William Shatner's sentiment here, though.

5. “No I don’t regret anything at this point. That may change on the next phone call, but at the moment I don’t regret anything.” What is a decision that you have made that others thought you’d regret, but you haven’t?

What a GREAT question!  I don't know the answer!


 *laughing*

I have wondered, at times, if my parents thought I'd regret not moving to Hawaii with them on my dad's last tour of duty in the Army.  I had the choice, but elected to stay in El Paso since I was in a serious relationship and in the middle of a semester in school.  I don't regret staying state-side.


I don't seek the advice of too many people when making serious, life-changing decisions.  Perhaps this is why I struggle with answering this question with seriousness....  truly it's due to a lack of experience.

6. “If you make a fool of yourself, you can do it with dignity, without taking your pants down. And if you do take your pants down, you can still do it with dignity.” When did you last get asked when you made a fool of yourself? (Extra points if you guess the correct meme.)


I don't remember being asked this, and I'm new to this meme, so, no extra points for me.  :(

I'm certain I make a fool of myself regularly.  As My Eldest gets older, she gets more easily embarrassed when I act silly around her friends.  I'd say she thinks I make a fool of myself.  And you know what? I don't really mind that so much.  As far as I can tell, our house is the house at which to hang.  So if I have to be "foolish" (a.k.a. The Cool Mom), I'm down with that.

In an adult context, I can't remember really when I've been foolish.  If I goof up on purpose or by accident, it's for a good reason and I try to learn from it.  If people talk about me behind my back, well, it's not my business to know what they are saying.

7. “One of the advantages of being a captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it.” What is the best advice that you’ve ignored?

Best advice I ignored?  Hmmm 

8. “I’ve never had green alien sex, although I’m sure it will be quite an evening!” What did you do the last time that you had “quite an evening”?

I don't kiss and tell.

x

9. “Don’t just shove food into your mouth. Taste the flavor exploding in your mouth. Appreciate the texture. Honor your food with the time you take.” Describe your perfect meal.

My perfect meal is one where I don't experience emotion while eating it.  Food is fuel.  It is nothing more, nothing less.

HOWEVERRrrrrr...  I love me some thin-crust pizza, probably pepperoni lovers from Pizza Hut -- swig that down with a fountain cherry coca-cola, followed by Baskin Robbins peanut butter chocolate ice cream.  BAM!

(What's wrong with shoving food in my mouth, anyway?!  *wink*)

10. “For commercial reasons, we stayed away from advancing the theory of God.” Are there topics that you stay away from on your blog to remain non-controversial?

Most U.S. and World politics I avoid.  I'm not in the blogging world to be controversial.  There's enough angst in the world as it is.  Why would I want to contribute to that?

Nah -- I'd rather document my little life, this short time that God has granted me, vent sometimes, share some tidbits of humor and love and be about my happy way...even when I'm not feeling so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment