Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gearing up for Double D's on Tuesday

I've gone and done it...

I got my tickets to the 12/2 Duran Duran concert! WOOT!

I've been trolling the 'net looking for the set list so I can prepare with memorizing lyrics to songs I might have to belt out. No, I don't know ALL lyrics to ALL songs Duran Duran!

It's funny what seeing Duran Duran does to me! I get all giddy inside and feel like that lil girl that fell in love with them back in the day of "Is There Something I Should Know?" and "Hungry Like The Wolf".

Somewhere along the way I heard the B side of "Union of the Snake", which is "Secret Oktober". This song is so haunting, romantic, lingering....

Back then, I was in my formative years (a.k.a. a raging hormonal teenager) and flights of fantasies of meeting my Simon were running rampant. I hear Secret Oktober and still, after all these years, I imagine meeting him. Only I'm not quite as silly-giddy. I'm cool, calm, collected -- and this is any other day. (as IF!)

When "Seven and the Ragged Tiger" was released, I fell in love with the not-so-famous songs, especially "The Seventh Stranger". So poetic, so full of imagery that, honestly, I still ponder to this day. So full of vocabulary that I had to use the dictionary to learn.

Simon has this deep voice. I fantasize about him placing his lips on my ear and talking to me in a low, growly voice. You can especially hear what I'm talking about in songs like "Palomino" and "The Chauffer".


Palomino


What I would give just so he'd dance with me! Lawdy! That'd make momma muy happy!

Yeah, yeah. I hear all the time how gay they are. Whatev! My comeback is, "they're European". haha

They make great music. I'm not always crazy about some of the keyboard work that Nick throws in there, but it tends to grow on me. Overall though, what keeps me entraced are the often complex lyrics because are not your run-in-the-mill pop-charty bullsh*t. Don't get me wrong, I dig a lot of pop/dance music. But Duran Duran is still a cut above to me.

The show should be awesome, and I'm looking forward to spending some girlfriend time with a person whom I've known for over seven years, but this will be our first social outing together. She cuts my hair, but she's so much more than my hairstylist. She's become a friend and this should be a good time.

Gotta get back to YouTube and check out some stuff I've never seen.

Whoosh!

(Did your dirty mind think Double Ds were referring to my boobages? Gotchya!)

2 comments:

  1. I totally thought of you when I saw that they were coming! Hope you have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Chauffeur kicks ASS!! My sister was really really into DD when they were around. Once we got older I inherited all of the original Duran vinyl LP's she had. They still sound badass, but The Chauffeur is my fave. It has a mysterious melancholy sound to it that even comes through on vinyl.

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete