Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Haaaaapyyyyy Toooooooo Momma!

My birthday was fantabulous! It's one of the better ones I've had, I'd say.
I woke up feeling refreshed from my slumber -- a rarity for sure.
At church, of the eight or so songs that are my absolute favorites, four were sung! How cool is that!? Two of the songs in particular were "The Summons", and we recessed with "I Am Singing (for the Lord is My Light)". It's not very often one sees a Catholic parish clapping their hands to a song, but that "I Am Singing" song -- yeah, verrrry clap-worthy!
Stopped by the store and bought my mom some white tulips. After all, it's not just *MY* birthday. It's her Birth Day, too. Right? So, in order to commemorate her day, I bought her flowers. Then I went to her apartment, we watched "Knocked Up" and ate pizza.
After that, I went home and gathered my teaching material for my Confirmation class, headed back to church to teach. I walked in with a bag full of candy bars to hand out to them as birthday presents. They lurve candy. :) I made them sing Happy Birthday to me. The icing on the cake -- pun intended -- was that none of them believed I was even in my 30's let alone 37! I got anywhere from 23 to 28. Needless to say, I floated home on Cloud Nine.
Hopping off my cloud, My Eldest greeted me at the door, "Mommy! Mommy! You're home!! We have a surprise for you!! We bought you cake and ice cream for your birthday!" This was indeed a big surprise because they had already given me all my gifts about two weeks ago and I wasn't expecting anything more from my family. The Girls helped me blow out the candles as they finished singing the birthday song. My Little One is so cute because she leaves the word "birthday" out of the song: Haaaaaaapyyyyy toooo momma. hahahahaha. We all had chocolate cake with chocolate icing with two scoops of ice cream.
All in all a damn fine day.
Then all hell has broken loose since. But I'm just not going to talk about that....yet.
Whoosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment