Monday, July 09, 2007

The Summons

Will you love the 'you' you hide if I but call your name?
Will you quell the fear inside and never be the same?
Will you use the faith you've found to re-shape the world around
Through my sight and touch and sound in you and you in me?

The above was a stanza of a song we sang in church yesterday entitled, The Summons.

The message(s) of the lyrics crashed into me. Especially the first two lines.

I am succumbing to the waves of meanings, interpretations, suggestions, callings.

I'm haunted.

I have been summoned.....

...by My Father...

...who is firmly tapping me on the shoulder, reminding me of my wrongs....pulling me to a light....THE light.... Most importantly: forgiving me. Loving me, even when I feel others aren't -- especially when I can't (or don't) love myself. Thank You, Father.

My prayers are: acceptance and willingness to act.



Text: John L. Bell, b1949 Copyright 1987 Iona Community, GIA Publications, Inc., agent
Tune: KELVINGROVE, 7 6 7 6 777 6, Scottish traditional; arr. by John L. Bell, b. 1949 as above.

1 comment: