Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Being Green

I was sitting at the office yesterday.

It was like any other Tuesday there....lots of toys, a few personal pictures, a wrap around cream-colored sectional. That dumb stuffed brown bunny rabbit laying on the arm of the sofa. I always move it. It bugs me.

Hot outside; kind of warmish inside, too.

My butt's sunken into one edge of the sectional, I'm spewing. I promised myself today I would not cry.

Another promise broken.

Anyway, I am inconsistently invoking a 'mantra'.

It's no secret that I'm looking over the fence a lot these days. I'm ogling the green grass on the other side. And I've definitely heard "things can be worse". But I find more solace in the transformation of the phrase "things can be worse" to "my grass is green to someone else", or even "I have green grass".

It feels more postive, doesn't it? The phrase seem to have this natural, earthy feel to it, too. Less tense. Makes sense.

I have green grass. Wanna peek?

4 comments:

  1. You know my mantra "it's never greener, just a different shade". Maybe yours just needs a good soaking from all the spewing! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How weird, I just wrote a post about green grass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just hugs lass............just hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin -- yeah, I read it! Funny how we are similar places.

    KB -- I need *something*, so I'm just going to sit an wait. Listen. Watch.

    Zig -- Thanks.

    ReplyDelete