Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Today's Traffic Report

I have made an effort to NOT watch the news anymore. It brings me down too much. If I watch it, I'm watching weather and/or sports. That's it. Nothing else. I used to be a news junkie. I remember in my single days, I'd be at home cleaning or doing whatever and I'd have Headline News in the background. Yeah -- same news every 30 minutes. I'd have it on CNN at times. For a person who loves music so much, I didn't listen nearly enough to it back then....

I digress.

Every morning, I listen to sports talk radio. There is, of course, a traffic report. Typically the traffic report blows through my ears because I don't take the freeways to work. However, this morning, I was not so lucky. This morning, I got to hear the traffic report, and then the story behind one of the reasons traffic was help up along a major highway in town.

What kind of person throws their own children off of an overpass into oncoming traffic below then jumps into it herself?! Holy Mother of God! You have no idea the restraint I'm using to avoid using every cuss word in the book right now. Seriously.

Yeah -- you read that right. A mother took her two kids, ages five and eight, and tried to kill them before killing herself!! IN TRAFFIC!!!! WTF?!

It is (thankfully) unfathomable how a mother can do that to her own kids. It kills me when I have to discpline my own in a firm voice. I cannot image getting to a black, dark, desolate place in my own head where I would commit such a selfish, cruel and flat out fucked-up act as this woman.

When I heard Craig Miller say why the traffic was held up, all I could do was cry and pray. Then I got pissed. I mean HOTWICKEDANGRYMAD. This is one of the rare moments that even I question the motivations of God. I think it's pretty ignorant and well, frankly, idiotic when people say stupid shit like "if there was really a God, why did he send Hurrican Katrina and kill all those people?". I'm falling into the ignorance and idiotic myself today wonder why people in this lifetime who have kids, are not responsible with them, and conversely, people who desperately want them and seem plenty capable of having them can't seem to adopt or bear their own. I get it. I trust God. I surrender as previously posted. But just because I trust the process doesn't mean I still don't question it.

Hmmm.....As I'm typing this out, I'm realizing that God didn't cause this situtation, nor did he allow it to happen. In fact, sadly enough, God wasn't allowed to be involved in this situation.

Free will. This woman imposed her free will. Instead of trusting that God would provide all for her and her kids, she shoved Him out and sabotaged her world, the worlds of her children and the world of any of the folks driving into Dallas that both witnessed and were directly impacted (pun intended) by this horrific act of cowardice.

It has since been reported that the all three survived. I'm relieved to hear this news, and it will be interesting to hear how the law handles this situation....*if* I decided to follow the news story.

There.....

Now I feel better.

1 comment:

  1. I heard that story and about died!!! You are right, it is because they don't have God, they come to a point of despair and instead of turning to Him, they do crazy things!

    ReplyDelete