Saturday, March 08, 2008

Snow



I have to laugh.

We had snow in Dallas a couple of times this week.

Snow in Dallas is always a giggle. Why? Because people FREAK OUT around here. It's the biggest story when we get just a powdering of it. Granted, some of the northern suburbs got more than just a powdering. In fact, it was a measurable. In inches! There was five to twelve inches of snow up yonder (I often refer to the northern suburbs of Dallas as 'Southern Oklahoma' because it's such a friggin' drive to go see most of my friends who live up there. Talk about major social planning! Geez.)



In any case, my friends who live up North, along the U.S./Canada border have to be reading this laughing their asses off! They are buried in wicked snow, piled eight, nine feet high after shoveling the driveway. I saw pictures of the fenced-in back yard of a friend, and I kid you not, it looked like God dumped an abundance of marshmallow creme into the squared-off lot, then took a knife and leveled the humps off so that it filled the fenced in area perfectly. Those frozen-tundra folk have to live with that stuff every winter, which mind you is longer that any winter we'll ever see in The Great State of Texas!



And us Southerners are funny how we welcome the snow. We close schools. People leave work early because of "The Winter Storm". Did you know there is such a thing as thundersnow? Yeah. A thunderstorm and a snow storm. Not sure how common this phenomenon is elsewhere, but in my youthful 37 years, I have never, not once, ever heard the phrase "thundersnow".




Hahahahahahaha.
Yeah.
I have to laugh.




~whoosh!




P.S. Here is My Eldest in The Great Snowstorm of 2008.






I'm still chuckling.....

No comments:

Post a Comment