Monday, March 10, 2008

A Not So LIttle Little One Anymore


She's two today.


You're TWO today, My Little One. Where did the last year go? Is it under my bed? Did you hide it in the peanut butter jar? Come back to me. Let me be mommy again.


You're amazing beyond belief. I have to admit, I was worried. When I was pregnant, I was plagued by thoughts of "how am I going to love TWO of them?", and "how could I love this one when I absolutely love My Eldest *so.much* -- how can I split that love?!" and "what if I don't bond with The New One as deeply?"


Well, thank God, I *do* love you just as much! I have bonded with you in a new and unbelieveable way that is unique to y - o - u. My love isn't split. My love is different for each of you. How wonderful to know that God has built me with the capability to love each of you as you are each.


Mommy is so proud of you. I look at you and laugh out loud. Just the image of you saying things or doing things make me chuckle while I'm at work or talking about you at church to the teenagers I teach.


Some of my favorite things about you:

wild blonde curls with the reddish sheen

stickers stacked on top of one another instead of next to each other

I runnin'!

You're fascination with Count von Count

How you say "mama"

the shape of your lips, and their color -- a deep rouge, so plump and kissable

those blue eyes that you roll to the side or look up and away when you are pretending not to hear me correct you

your desire to pick your own clothes

rejection of clothes

wearing my bras

dance wiff me, mama!

toes are to tickle!

determination -- you are like daddy with that stubborn desire to finish things

again! again! again mama!


I have so many special memories of you My Little One. I pray they don't fade.


Thank you, my sweet, for making me smile all those times when I just didn't think I had the energy to smile...the strength to do it....the desire to do it. Thanks for breaking me out of my bad mood and loving me unconditionally. Thank you for your sweet kisses and your jealous possessiveness (dats MY mama!). Thank you for loving your sister and your daddy. I love learning all about you, and maybe more importantly, learning from you.


I know it's your birthday, today, My Little One, and yes, I got you a gift or two.


But, truly, YOU are a gift to me. And I'm humbled by your constant gift-giving. I feel like I have a birthday every day! Every moment I am with you, I hear party horns blowing, see lit candles and feel wishes come true.


Happy Birthday, my sweet Little One.



1 comment:

  1. She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I can't believe she is two! Also, so good to hear about loving them separately, I of course am having that anxiety right now.

    ReplyDelete