Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Celebrating Two


I decided it might be a spirit-uplifter to celebrate My Little One's birthday along bedside at my father-in-law's hospital room. I stopped by the grocery story and picked up some little cupcakes, rainbow-sprinkled doughnuts, some individual servings of strawberry ice cream, water and chocolate milk. I threw in my basket some party plates, napkins and cups to take with us to the hospital.

My father-in-law didn't know we were coming so he was surprised when everyone walked in his room. We asked him if he realized why we were there and why we had birthday celebratory regalia. He looked over at his calendar and said, "no....I don't kow what today is." So My Husband reminded him that it's was My Little One's second birthday.

FIL: Are you two today??! Happy Birthday!
MLO: Yeah.
FIL: How old are you? (prompting her to hold up two fingers
MLO: (holds up two fingers and confusing it with the 'I love you' sign we are teaching her)

We stumbled through getting everything prepared and sung to her. My FIL ate the doughnut and some ice cream and even stomached down some chocolate milk.

I think it helped perk him up that we brought the party to him. We'll be have a Count von Count themed party this weekend for The Baby of The Family, but at least this way, he was able to be included more hands-on. I'm looking forward to the day that he is able to be at our house for a party. For now, taking it one day at a time, I'm praying he just gets motivated to live each day.

~whoosh!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing to do for your FIL and your little (or not so little) one. Happy birthday to her.

    I read a little bit here and I have to say we are more a like than I ever could have thought...probably why we got along so well. We will have to catch up more...when I get back from the bahamas. Ciao.

    ReplyDelete