Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Music Minute #8 - Fugue in G Minor (JS Bach)

I actually received a REQUEST to blog! As in...someone *missed* 'me'.

Now, imagine the big-voiced announcer from all those Budweiser commercials. Hear him in your head? You need medicine. Kidding. Hear him say: Big Dave, my friend that I have yet to meet, THIS BLOG'S FOR YOU!

I have a good friend who lives in El Paso. We've shared some pretty wild times, some pretty quiet times, a lot of secrets and some very female moments. We also have an equal avid passion for Dallas Stars Hockey (Mmmmmodano!) and Dallas Cowboys Football (TROY!). She and I worked together in the front office of the best doctor I have ever known and will ever know.

She and My Husband have similar backgrounds in that they are both ER RNs. My Husband no longer practices, yet, she has moved back to that dusty border town to care for those less fortunate and in need of urgent care. On her off days, she works the CareFlite delivering seriously injured to trauma care hospitals via helicopter. Amazing woman she is. I admire and love her. Aside from her amazing intelligence and captivating, quiet charm, she is a stunning brown-skinnned woman with long, black, thick hair, sexy legs and a rack that makes your eyes pop outta your head. (Love you, Dee. haha)

Dee has a myspace, as do I. She, of course, is a friend on mine. I like to troll through my friend's friends, and did so with Dee's page. She has a friend named, Big Dave. I think besides me, he leaves the most comments.

Big Dave - as he's dubbed himself - is sitting proudly atop what I presume is a Harley. He's wearing leather. Has a goatee. His face is sweet like a teddy bear yet the look is completely contradictory to it.

Anyway, Dave left some comment about sex and chocolate being interchangeable. I, as a woman, had to pounce on this with my own response. So I asked where I could find my own Big Dave and inquired if he was really a guy who is more of a girlfriend. I think my comment tickled his manhood because he jokingly lashed out that Dee could attest to his manlihood seeing as she is a board certified member of the medical community and passed all her anatomy classes so she could verify that he indeed was a man. (My thought was, just cuz you got 'junk' don't mean your manly, but hey.....he said he's not a girlfriend. He's in touch with all things female, though. I respect that in a man.)

Big Dave sends me a friend request.

I oblige.

We quip back and forth. Good banter it is. He's good fun. I'm enjoying getting to banter with him.

Big Dave in all his manliness requested I immediately stop what I'm doing and immediately post a blog.

Big Dave, this song and this blog is for you, my dear.

Now where is my chocolate? Godiva, please. Truffles. Raspberry and orange chocolate truffles will do.

Whoosh!

3 comments:

  1. This blog is so full of WIN I dont even know where to start!! I mean what more could people want to read about?

    I am completely honored to have a blog all my own. Not only do you flatter me with great comments that show me that you truly grasp my awesomness (you are too too kind), but you were kind enough to make mention of Diana's incredible rack in MY blog!! If you only knew how much that meant to me.. *wipes away tears*

    YOU are truly Wonder Woman and your Truffles are in the mail. :)

    -Dave

    PS. Ask me about my student trainer days in high school. \

    D in a tight white Polo shirt= Yay!!

    Dave in a tight white Polo shirt = Yuck. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Big Dave single? If so, does he want to move to Dallas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Single? Yes indeed! As far as moving to Dallas, depends on what I am moving for! hubba hubba..

    haha.. I actually have a few friends in Dallas that are always trying to get me to move up there. If I didnt have such a cush job I would maybe have the energy to move. BUT I am totally spoiled here so I am too lazy to go :(

    Besides.. as awesome as I am, not many can handle a dude like me. *smug*

    :P

    ReplyDelete