Thursday, February 01, 2007

Milestone

9 days short of 11 months old, My Little One took her first steps today!! YAY

MIL watches her while we work. MIL was leaving today in the snow. We have a see through storm door at our front entrace, and when MIL turned to wave goodbye to My Little One, My Eldest and me, I put My Little One down into a standing position (she's been standing for a while now...). She was about 2 or 3 steps shy of reaching the door.

MIL waves, Little One screams and flaps her arms like she's a bird. Then suddenly, just like that, step, step, step!! She walked toward MIL! I pulled her back and she did it again!! We all saw it! It was so wonderful!! She was so pleased with herself. Hubby came home on the 3rd time of me pulling her back and her walking toward the door, so he got to see it too.

All through the night, we'd stand her up and she'd walk. Eventually she walked taking many steps without falling, without losing her balance. So amazing. So exciting.

Then, as we all ate dinner, Little One was sitting on Hubby's lap. Eldest eats her french fry and says, "now she's just like us!"

Yes, she is....yes, she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment