Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thirty-six

Today is my birthday.

I am thirty-six years old today.

I am mostly likely in my mid-life.

This cutie pie to the left is me when I was a young lass in Germany 30-something years ago. Wish I was still that cute and petite -- I don't miss the blonde (Brunettes have fun too).

I haven't done anything today that is particularly exciting. I did however imbibe a bit last night -- which was lovely. I have a new drink (shot) that I'm crushin' on: B-52. Yum! I think I might have shared too many intimate details with the 3 friends who tagged along at BlackFinn, but I'm going to chalk it up to a bonding moment and call it good.

A birthday highlight: last week, Husband purchased a gift for me that I've asked for every year that I've known him: a punching bag. We went to Academy and purchased the 70 pound canvas Everlast heavy bag, and each of us got some bag gloves. Later that night, Husband hoisted the Gift of 7 years in our garage and it breathed life. At work, it's 1099 Season, and I've worked late most nights for the last 2 weeks. Slightly frustrated. The heavy bag comes in handy. Love it -- LOVE it.

As previously posted, I enjoy my birthdays. I think everyone should embrace the day they were born and celebrate themselves (even if no one else does it for you). This philosophy manifested itself tonight when *I* put 3 trick sparkler candles on a small Cheesecake Factory original mini-cheesecake (1 candle represented a dozen years), took it out to my living room full of a few family members and basically forced them to sing Happy Birthday to me. Husband got up and took the flaming cheesecake from me and held it the duration of the song, and the kids helped blow out the candles. I basically celebrated my own birthday -- and made others play along.

So, this my gratuitous solicitation of birthday love. Feel free to post well wishes. Feel free to think I'm weird. Feel free to post you think I'm weird. It's my birthday dammit -- and I just am glad for it. For without all of you, I would not be me.

Whoosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment