Friday, January 26, 2007

Brown Suede

If you own a suede coat, don't even kiss your baby good bye in it. Instead, kiss your baby -- who just downed about 12 ounces of ass-smelling formula in about 3 minutes -- BEFORE you put on your really expense, beautfully brown, looks-oh-so-good-on-you, only-coat-you-own-and-sh**-it's-friggin-cold-outside suede jacket.

My Little One outstretched her arms to say good bye to me. I collect her from my mother-in-law and pull her face to my lips. She smiles so happily at me, showing (since she can't tell me yet) how much she loves me. I reciprocate the smile and give her a big hug good-bye.

Then....

....spit up ALL OVER MY JACKET!!

Now, as a mom, I understand spit up is expected. I understand that it is unpredictable. It's not cold in Texas much like it's been lately. I had no former frame of reference, and none of my cold weather geographically placed friends told me about the timing issues in this scenario. Therefore, I suffered bitter cold with only a zip up sweater over my clothes on the way to work that day. Ugh.

Sigh.

Fast forward a couple of days. I take said suede jacket to the cleaners. Get this: "it will take 1 month because we gotta send it to Chicago" (WTF??), and "the price *starts* at $75" (wha?!). Is it obvious that I don't take things to the cleaners. This was a total newsflash to me. Sheesh. That's expensive. Hell, I could get a new coat for that money. I decide to keep the coat and find another cleaners to handle the job locally -- no easy task.

Fast forward a couple more days (luckily the weather warmed up and OH I did manage to purchase a new "coat". It's really not a coat, but I use it as one anyway.). I find a cleaner next to My Eldest's ballet studio. It will take 2 weeks, it's local and $45. I don't know if that's reasonable, but compared to the shock I endured of cleaner #1, it seemed very reasonable. Done deal. Brown Suede is getting cleaned. She'll be happy. I'll be happy. And never again will I put my coat on BEFORE kissing My Little One again. :)

Don't worry Little One. Mommy still loves you unconditionally. You just owe me $45.

1 comment:

  1. Just before I found out I was pregnant with Paige, I spent close to $400 on a clearance-priced MaxAzria BCBG suit. It was hardly my size, and the lady looked at me funny, but I managed to squeeze into the skirt with only a few wrinkles. (Hey! Suede stretches!)

    I brought it to Minnesota on a business trip, wore it to a meeting, and still had it on when I joined two girlfriends for dinner. I was meeting my friend's daughter for the first time, so of course, I was loving all over her and holding her so that my friend could eat dinner. And then, the little weiner spit up all over my brand-new jacket! The first time I wore it! Could she not see it was MaxAzria? Did she not know it was suede? Sheesh! That girl had some learning to do.

    I brought the suit home and found the same thing as you. It took forever to get the jacket cleaned, and it cost more than $45. Yikes!

    Aren't kids fun!

    ReplyDelete