Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Living of A Dying Woman: Pampering!

Mom was feeling strong enough to go out today, so I drove up and we went to get pampered! 

My niece accompanied us. I’m so glad the three of us created this memory!





Dean (pedi) and John (mani) doted on my mother so sweetly! They were so conversational, light-hearted and complimentary! 

Dean serves my mom white wine then sits at the tub to prep her feet.
John, sitting on a stool next to her, prepping her fingers: You look well! You look so healthy!
Me: *sphincter tightens*
Mom: I’m not.
John: You can’t tell.
Dean: How old are you?
Mom: 79
Dean: You don’t look it! You look, maybe, 63!
John: 79?!? Respect! Respect!

Lots of laughter ensued.

Mom originally picked out a taupe color then deck she wanted her manicure to be gel. She had to pick a new color.

Mom to me: Should I try black? I’ve never done black.
Me: Woman! It’s summer! Pick something bright!

Mom picked out a turquoise shade color. John and Dean were so excited! 

John: You happy woman! You need Happy color! You! So full of life!

Yes, mom. Yes. You are. 




No comments:

Post a Comment