Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Words with the Wee Wittle One

I haven't seen much of my kids the last few weeks due to summer camp, vacationsawayfrommommy and a broken air conditioning unit, but yesterday I had the good fortune of spending an extended amount of time with My Little One (MLO). She's seven years old. Seven. Remember that.

 +

Walking out of My Mom's apartment to the car, it was quiet then she it me with this factoid:

MLO: Did you know if you step on a fly that red guts squirt out? NO! I mean blue guts. Blue guts squirt out.

+

*jumping up and down in front of my bathroom mirror, naked, awaiting the shower temperature to be tolerable*

Me: *walks in & catches her and immediately starts giggling* What are you doing, silly?
MLO: *laughing wildly, still jumping*  My pudge jiggles like your pudge, Mommy!

(At least I felt better about my body after hearing that!)

+

During the consecration of The Host in Mass...

MLO: *whispers* Why doesn't Dracula like the sun?

+

We're walking to the car from the swimming pool at the end of the evening. We'd just been talking about all things friends and swimming, then there was a pregnant pause.

MLO:  Mama, do you ever wonder why God doesn't tell you how He was created, or where He comes from?
Me:  Yes, I do wonder that sometimes.
MLO: It's like he's keeping a secret. Why would he not want us to know?

+

I love the inquiring minds of children! These are such perfect moments to be a parent and grow as a person.

Thank you, babygirl!




1 comment:

  1. They grow up so quickly and then they know it all.

    ReplyDelete