Thursday, April 18, 2013

April Sucks

I'm so over this week. With all the news, which I deplore watching, has me sad and downtrodden -- even angry! In fact, I'm pretty much over the whole month of April, in general.

+

April Fool's Day kicks us in the proverbial nuts right off the bat

IRS tax filing deadline - to abscond whatever nuts we might have left

Boston Marathon Bombings

Oklahoma City Bombings

Waco-Branch Davidian Standoff (ended in flames)

Hitler was born

Beginning of the Civil War

Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated

Rwanda genocides

Apollo 13 met its demise

Abraham Lincoln assassinated

1906 San Francisco earthquake

U.S.S. Iowa bombing

Columbine

Chernobyl

Rodney King verdict & subsequent rioting in Los Angeles

Titantic sinking

 +

In case you want to join me in misery (after all misery and I love company), check this out. April 20th - worst.day.ever.

There IS good stuff too. You'll have to pick through this list:  The History Place (April).

1 comment:

  1. At least we have the greatness of baseball to escape to every day....

    ReplyDelete