Thursday, November 01, 2012

The Story Of My Life & What I'm Missing

I start things and don'......

..................


You get the idea, right?

My blog reflects my brain and, truthfully, my life.  It's a series of half written, in-draft posts.  The ones you see are short, slapped up on the WW Blog in a hurry, as if you are missing me, as if I need to remind you I'm still alive and fine, as if I have that many readers (who care....).

        *laughing*

There's certainly an element of truth in the above paragraph, though.  My A.D.D. brain loves quickies of all types:  magazine articles, shows in segments, tweets.  Pictures. Yes, PICTURES! I'm like a guy -- visually minded  -- and I like to interpret them, quickly, my own way.

I miss reading long essays, research findings, and opinion pieces.  I even miss writing things that are more than 100 words.  Even studying photos or visual pieces of art, considering another person's filter other than my own, seems paradoxically taxing AND fulfilling.  I have a friend to whom I still WRITE letters. She and I exchange them (she's way more prolific than I am).  I miss letter writing and pen-pals and such.....

My brain hungers for information, yet, my brain tires easily.  I wonder if parenting and working contributes to the energy-drain that exists so often for me (refrain from comments about diet, nutrition, exercise, please and thank you).

Ultimately, I'm always writing -- in my head or with my hands.  And because of that, I'll not finish something until my life is punctuated by my death.

No comments:

Post a Comment