Monday, August 27, 2012

First & Sixth


I'm no exception to the hordes of parents adding photos to the web commemorating the inevitable "first day of school". Yes, I'm guilty of posting it to Facebook. Luckily, I have a blog too! Double the action -- for FREE!

This is the last year My Girls will be at the same school ever. I'm a little sad about that, because My Little One won't have her Big Sister to look after her (not that she does now....haha). In my fantasy world, they actually like each other.  I'm sure MLO will be just fine without her Big Sister, but still....IDK....I'm just sad that they're not going to be together after this year.

+

Boa is embarking on sixth grade where (already) she'll be in Peer Mediation, Honor Choir and BAND, playing the EUPHONIUM! Also, in this school district, sixth grade is still at the elementary school level, so she's at the top of the food chain. She vowed not to be like the "mean" sixth graders she has struggled with the past two years. I'm proud of her for having that level of insight and compassion.

She is also a devoted Directioner. In lay terms, she's a fangirling, die-hard, swooning, daydreaming, borderlineobsessive fan of the British (and Irish [she'd kill me for leaving that part out!]) X-Factor and Simon Cowell-backed band known as One Direction. Resultingly, she's fallen *English accent* absolutely in love *return to American accent* with all things Britain; thus, the London shirt. This is one of several British/Directioner accoutrements she's acquired via the Back To School Shopping Excursions.  We aren't done, either (hint: she has a birthday coming up in October.  1D is coming in concert in July, 2013.....).  Lastly, she sported her new TOMS, which she One Directionally refers to as her "Tomlinsons" (the last name of one of the group members).

Then there's MLO.....

She's so independent already, confidence resides in her. Look at the sass she's wearing today: half hair pony tail (I guess that's the best way to describe it?), and hot pink armsleeveglovethingies. If she wore that to sixth grade, would she be coming home with deflated confidence and some cuts and bruises? They aren't pictured, but she's wearing black hightops that have hot pink and silvery glittery accents.  She left the house announcing she's "gonna ROCK this school year OUT!".

She needed NO help from Mommy, to find her classroom. She requested no lunch to be packed and is reportedly an expert on what first graders carry in backpacks, though she isn't equipped with one today. There's a story behind that that I'll save for later.  There WILL be a backpack forthcoming, though. 

+

Here's to My Girls, all students, educators, administrators, volunteers and parents, wishing you a fruitful school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment