Friday, May 04, 2012

The Voice Final Four: I'm On Team LUCCA

I'm completely in love with this show.  Funny thing is, I started watching it so that it could be a "family activity", especially one that didn't really cost any money, and we could do at home. My Husband and Girls watched American Idol together, and I think last season's The Voice, too. I was either studying, typing on the computer or smartphone, or doing some other sort of I-can't-sit-still-that-long busy-ness.  I've tried harder over the last year to sit on the sofa per request of My Husband.  He says quality time, partly, is sharing TV time together. And because My Family has very little time to spend together due to busy lives, I figured I'd give this a try.  As it turns out, I'm pretty much the only one watching it now.  My Husband goes off to work on other things sometimes, and My Girls read, paint fingernails, shower, do homework, play or a litany of other things.  They'll occasionally dance or sing along, but mostly it's background noise to them anymore.  They don't seem as excited as me about it, which is totally fine, but I do find it a bit ironic.  I sometimes pull the Mom Guilt Card and make them watch it with me.  Now that Stanley Cup playoff hockey is on, and we have only one television in our house, we do a lot of channel switching during commercials. It's quite a merry-go-round that I just have to laugh at.

So, the Final Four:

Chris Mann , the opera singer on Team Xtina (who is quite a badass I might add!), sang a velvety, moving "Ave Maria". 

Jermaine Paul who has been a back-up singer for Alicia Keys (and is quite sexy!) representing Team Blake. He sang "Open Arms", but I didn't get to see this performance because I was applying vinegar to the back and shoulders of a verysosunburned Boa. I think he over-sings some, but he IS very good!

Juliet Sims representing Team CeeLo is reminscient of Janice Joplin. There's a je ne sais quoi about her that I dislike, but I think she's going to win it all.  The chick rocks like Steven Tyler and that genre/generation. So good.

Last but not least, Tony Lucca representing Team Adam (he's a former Mouseketeer with Xtina and Britney, BTW).  Yep, I'm riding that LUCCAmotive, baby! His cover of Brittney Spears' "Baby One More Time" was awesomesauce!  And the "How You Like Me Now" was superfun to watch!




 In a previous post, I mentioned Matthai. She was let go but I do think she has a promising career.  I think her song choices were poor toward the end.  I haven't asked my co-worker how Matthai is doing since leaving the show, but I'll bring it up soon.

And finally, a commentary about Dia Frampton, who won last year's competition returned to sing. Again, I didn't see the last season, so I have no idea what level of talent she was competing against, but I have to say she didn't impress me AT ALL!  HOW did she ever win??

Who do YOU think will win?

No comments:

Post a Comment